The personality of a person is the consequence of his/her behaviors. Behaviors are simply everything which determines people’s attitude and the way of life they are living. Behavioral change communication is an interactive process in which individuals or societies are involved to participate in developing communication techniques and strategies to develop positive behaviors required for adopting proper health and solving world’s most insistent health problems.BCC conducts primarily with formative research and behavior analysis, followed by communication planning, implementation, monitoring, governing and evaluation.
For BCC to be successfully conducted, there are following steps to be followed effectively:
- BCC should have extensive research about the problems and the group of population or individuals affecting the problem.
- It should clearly state the goals of the programs.
- It should involve stakeholders to have their concern for the programs.
- It should identify and choose the target population wisely.
- It should conduct formative BCC assessment.
- The target population should be segmented properly for the effectiveness of the program.
- The participants should be given knowledge about the objectives of behavioral change.
- It should also give information about Social and Behavioral Change Communication (SBCC), its monitoring and evaluation plans.
- It should advance the communication products.
- It should conduct pretests.
- There should be proper implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- The feedbacks must be analyzed and revised.
Successful conduction of BCC has lots of positive impacts in the lives of people and community. Some impacts can be listed as:
- The increment in the knowledge of the public.
- Encouragement of communication dialogues.
- Promote the required attitude change.
- Voice for policy changes.
- Prepare a demand for information, facilities, and services.
- Minimize malpractices and discrimination.
- Promote services for prevention and care.
WIN finds BCC very challenging and pragmatic. It conducted various BCC programs for heterogeneous communities across the country. Some commendable works of BCC are as follows :
- With the BCC program, WIN reached over 50,000 people directly educating and teaching them positive behavioral skills.
- It impacted over 25 communities and helped those getting better behavioral changes.
- It rose about hundreds of BCC trainers to work across the country.
- WIN also successfully conducted hundreds of BCC programs for the welfare of people and society.